Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Job

Today was the first day at my new job. I am working part- time for a shoe company that does the shoes for our local K-mart. I had a good first day. I enjoyed my time and learning new things. It will be nice as winter hits to get out of the house a little bit . I will also get to still be home a lot though which I like so I think it will be a good balance for me.
As for other things going on... last night the youth girls group that I help with meet at our house. It was nice to have people over to our new place. It is also nice to know that the to do list of things inside and outside of the house is now quite small. After the girls left and Shane came home he was placing the last of the compact florescent bulbs in a lamp and well it slipped and dropped on the floor. It was really scary for a moment not knowing what to do, I went to the internet to find info. We did all the steps for clean up including ventilating the house for several hours which was quite cold. I must admit it really made me nervous but luckily it was on hardwood not carpet and Shane was able to get everything cleaned up. Those light bulbs are sure nice for saving on the bill yet scary that they have mercury in them. Has anyone else had something like this happen to them? Well that's all I have for now.

No comments: